Department of Information and Telecommunication Technologies
Head of department
Isaev Sergej Vladislavovich, Candidate of Technical Science
The department was formed in 1999 to provide the works of the Institute dealing with Internet and telecommunications.
Main directions of activities:
- support and development of the Institutes' of the Krasnoyarsk Scientific Center communication channels with external networks, including Internet;
- Internet services support, including mail servers, WWW, FTP and corporative cache-server for Internet access;
- support and development of the inter-institute backbone network;
- registration of computers and user accounts in the corporative local network, traffic monitoring;
- support and development of the local network of ICM SB RAS;
- stock-taking of computer equipment of ICM SB RAS;
- diagnostics and maintenance of computer equipment of ICM SB RAS;
- administration and support of supercomputers of cluster architecture.
Since the department was founded, speed of external teleconnunicational channels has increased from 19200 bit/s in 1999 to 4 Mbit/s, up to 100 Mbit/s with some institutes of higher education. The number of PC's connected to the corporative network of the Krasnoyarsk scientific center has increased several times.
The number of Internet users is about 1000.
The number of PC's is over 1000.
The number of corporative mail accounts is about 600.
Daily incoming Internet traffic is about 20Gb.